Wednesday, August 11, 2010

at last.



at last.

she's here.
this tiny, brand newest member of our family.

and we've snuggled her.

and changed her diapers and fed and swaddled her.
(by the end of the week, hayden was making bottles all by himself)

and snapped her picture. almost a million times.
(although it was difficult to put her down long enough to)

and talked baby talk. and oohed and ahhed
at each little noise and scrunchy face.
("awww, little sweet girl..." court would say)

and had our first girls' day, complete with shopping and pedicures.
(which she won't remember, but we will.)

court whispered "you think it's ok i get my nails done too?"
it made me smile to know that certain traits
can skip around so freely in families.
and wonder if sofia would ever remind them of me.
like my own kids remind me of them.
(i've never even HAD a manicure!)

and shared the story of how we came to meet her.
xo, t


No comments:

 

Followers

Blog Archive