Wednesday, September 7, 2011

lake superior.




it was calm. it was wavy.
it was warm. it was cold.
it was sunny. it was rainy.
it was relaxing.
it was gorgeous.
it left us wanting to make that loooong drive again.
and stay longer next time.

favorite memory:
happened after i found the prettiest light. my most favorite kind.
and soon after we saw this rainbow.
immediately after i had put my camera away because it had started to sprinkle.
the kids and jane were jumping into the waves.
laughing and falling. and laughing some more. it was hilarious.
in the rain and in the sun at the same time.
during those last few, best minutes of light.
we sat there and took it in.
i didn't photograph it. we'll just remember it.
if i had gone back to get my camera i'd have missed it completely.





my new favorite shots of the kids.
she's got a huge, natural smile and he's humoring me.
at least he's humoring me.

like, 10 minutes ago, he still kissed me goodbye.
now i get a "i'm outta here. peace out." as he runs down the street.

No comments:

 

Followers

Blog Archive